About Me

My photo
I'm BACCCCKKKKK... After 4+ years in CA I am back to my old stomping grounds, KANSAS!!! I am Cindy Coughenour and I am the founder of Fearless and Female, which is a program of personal safety and practical self-defense for women of all ages. I speak at high schools, universities, churches, businesses and just about any place that a group of women want to come together and learn how to kick some butt!

Friday, March 30, 2007

Traveling woes

All I can say is this... Thursday was the traveling day from HE double toothpicks! Get it? HELL.
Anyway, my morning started at 3AM, when I arose in CA, to catch a 6AM flight to Chicago. I had a stop in in Denver, and guess what? SNOW. Ok, I can work with that. But that flight was delayed from leaving Denver for 2 hours. Ok, I can work with that. Whew, finally made it to Chicago(2 hours late) and rented a car. I left O'Hare airport at 4:30pm (foresee any trouble with 5:00 traffic?) and started a 2.5 hour trip to Indiana. About 4:45pm I hit the Dan Ryan Freeway. Now, I don't know what anyone ever did to this Dan Ryan fella, but it was bumper to bumper traffic. Ok, I can work with that, hey I live in CA where traffic is king. Well, this 2.5 hour drive turned into 4 hours. OK now, come on, I drove 12miles in an hour and 45 minutes! Ok, I don't like it, but I can work with this. Long story short, I had to drive straight to my speaking engagement, with my "airplane sleeping hairdo" and the same clothes I started in at 3AM that morning. I did have time to run to the bathroom and brush my teeth and try to do something with my "airplane sleeping hairdo." By the time my program started I was so wired from all the caffeine and sugary granola bars, which I had been eating all day, that I was bouncing off the walls. Ok, I can work with that! Well, my point in sharing this hectic day of travel is this, try to keep a positive attitude and not get frazzled when things are going less than perfect. Just think, someday it might just be a funny story to post on your BLOG!


My mantra from now on is this "OK, I can work with that!" But hey, check back with me next week after 5 more days of travel and airplane connections and see how my attitude is then! Check out this great picture I took this morning, of the Chicago skyline.


No comments: