About Me

My photo
I'm BACCCCKKKKK... After 4+ years in CA I am back to my old stomping grounds, KANSAS!!! I am Cindy Coughenour and I am the founder of Fearless and Female, which is a program of personal safety and practical self-defense for women of all ages. I speak at high schools, universities, churches, businesses and just about any place that a group of women want to come together and learn how to kick some butt!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hello from Hawaii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here I am in Kona, Hawaii at a black sand beach. Hawaii is beautiful and a wonderful treat for this girl from Kansas! The black sand on this beach was sooooo hot but as soft a silk. We had to drive down a very steep dirt road to get down to this beach but it was so worth it. Last night we swam with Manta Rays. It was the scariest thing I have done in a long time but it was AWESOME. (Pictures to come) The dive was at night, so we had to carry really bright flashlights. Tiny fish would swim to the light and then the Manta Rays would swim up to eat them. These massive Rays were 15ft across and some weighed 2000lbs! It was such a rush when they would swim right up to you and then do a backward somersault within inches of your face. I have to admit I was screaming (in my mask) the first few times they circled under me but if you ever get the chance you must swim with the Manta Rays. We are heading to a Luau tonight and then back to the rat race late Wednesday. Aloha!

No comments: