About Me

My photo
I'm BACCCCKKKKK... After 4+ years in CA I am back to my old stomping grounds, KANSAS!!! I am Cindy Coughenour and I am the founder of Fearless and Female, which is a program of personal safety and practical self-defense for women of all ages. I speak at high schools, universities, churches, businesses and just about any place that a group of women want to come together and learn how to kick some butt!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Boeing Aerospace

Yesterday I traveled to Huntington Beach, CA and had the pleasure of speaking to the women of Boeing Aerospace. This was my second visit to Boeing, and this time I knew all the rules and regulations! Boeing does not allow cameras on site, thus the stock photo above. Usually I post pictures of smiling faces of the women that participate in the program. So use your imagination, and envision a room full of women in business attire laughing, yelling and trying out some of my fave self-defense techniques. I invited one hesitant participant up on stage to try a palm heel to the nose and she had on these beautiful stiletto heels. I could see the wheels turning in the minds of the other women. "What great shoes and what great WEAPONS!" One lady started suggesting different ways in which these shoes could be used as an improvised weapon! It was a wonderful moment for me as an instructor to see these women really thinking about different scenarios and what they would do in that situation. Remember this "Know what you've got, and know how to use it!" Think of things around your home, car or office that you could grab in a moment of need to use as improvised weapons. Also, if you have mace or pepper spray, do you know how to use it? Have you actually opened it up and tested it to find out if you could operate it in a stressful situation? Set up a target in your backyard and give it a whirl.
I also want to send a huge "Thank You" to my two Bad Guys, Randy and John. You may never realize what a difference your time has made to the lives of the women that participated in this class! Thanks a million!
Peace, Love and Safety,
Cindy

No comments: