About Me

My photo
I'm BACCCCKKKKK... After 4+ years in CA I am back to my old stomping grounds, KANSAS!!! I am Cindy Coughenour and I am the founder of Fearless and Female, which is a program of personal safety and practical self-defense for women of all ages. I speak at high schools, universities, churches, businesses and just about any place that a group of women want to come together and learn how to kick some butt!

Monday, April 02, 2007

NOOOOOOOOO, GET BACK

This morning was such FUN. I gave a Fearless and Female workshop at the National Conference on Student Leadership in Jacksonville, FL. As you can see from the picture above, there were quite a few guys in attendance, and they were a riot! I have to thank John, in the front row in the black jacket, he took video of the whole program. Thanks a million John! See the guy in the middle of the picture on the floor? His name is Nate and he stood in as my Mr. Bad Guy. What a great guy. He grabbed me, choked me and followed all my instructions to a tee to help teach everyone some wonderful personal safety skills.
Shortly after we started the hands-on portion of the program I noticed a young woman in tears. She was having some really bad memories of a time when she and her brother were confronted by a man that meant them harm. I was so impressed by this young woman as she told the entire class what had happened to them. What strength! And the really cool thing that happened next was the whole class burst into applause in honor of this young woman confronting her fears. I get chills when I think about it!
I get such happiness when I see the young women in my program hit the bag and realize what strength and power they have, but never knew it, and these women today had some incredible power.
Well, I am now in Mississippi getting some much needed rest before I speak to another group of students Tuesday night. Stay tuned...

No comments: