About Me

My photo
I'm BACCCCKKKKK... After 4+ years in CA I am back to my old stomping grounds, KANSAS!!! I am Cindy Coughenour and I am the founder of Fearless and Female, which is a program of personal safety and practical self-defense for women of all ages. I speak at high schools, universities, churches, businesses and just about any place that a group of women want to come together and learn how to kick some butt!

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Fairmont Teachers ROCK!!!!!

Okay, so I get home, Thur. afternoon, from a hectic few days of travel(not to mention sleeping on the floor of the MN airport) and try to get rested up because I am scheduled to speak the next morning at Fairmont Private School in Anaheim, CA. You always want to bring your "A" game to a presentation but when you are tired and stiff(thank you airport floor!)some mornings you wonder if it will all come together. That's exactly the way I felt Friday morning. But, as soon as I met Elly, the program organizer for Fairmont, I could just feel the energy creeping back into my body. I am getting set up for the program when I meet Mary, a teacher at Fairmont. She was very professional, really interested in personal safety and I could just feel this was going to be a great group of women to work with. I had no idea how teachers can LET THEIR HAIR DOWN! What an COOL group of women. They were cracking me up throughout the entire program. And Mary, that very professional, refined woman was a hoot! I totally forgot about being tired and stiff. Ahhhh, the power of surrounding yourself with positive, amazing women! There were some very TINY gals in the class, so we also discussed ways in which they would have to adapt the techniques to their size. If the energy in this program is any indication of what these teachers bring to the classroom... what a lucky bunch of students!!!Thank you ladies, I had a great time!

Peace, Love and Safety,

Cindy

No comments: